You are here

Bell and spigot joint

Where fiberglass reinforced plastic pipe is used in connection with storage tank installations, crews must connect sections of the pipe to create a complete piping run. Into the flared end of one section of pipe (the bell) the installer inserts the smaller tapered end of an adjoining section (the spigot).

The union of these pipe ends is referred to as a bell-and-spigot joint.