| Committee |
Safety Recommended Practices for Fall Protection and Working at Heights at Fueling Facilities is PEI's first RP developed specifically on a safety issue. Contractors, equipment distributors and manufacturers, safety professionals, engineers, trade associations, regulators and other interested parties in the industry will have the opportunity to review and comment on the contents.
The purpose of the document is to provide a concise reference to preferred practices and procedures for the development of fall protection programs and preventing employees from being injured from falls.
The document will be released in 2022. It will provide guidance for:
- Development and management of fall protection programs
- Fall protection during excavation, UST and AST installation, service and maintenance;
- Use of fall protection devices and proper PPE
- Ladder and lift safety
- Working on a roof or canopy
- Protection against slips, trips and falls;
- Regulatory compliance and liability reduction