October 2, 2018 | Vol. 68, No. 19
Dear PEI Member:
The 2018 PEI Convention at the NACS Show (Oct. 7-10 in Las Vegas) is only five days away. Each year, the PEI Convention is the largest education and networking opportunity in the fuel equipment industry. Use these last-minute details to get the most out of this year’s event:
Download the PEI Event App. The PEI Event App allows you to search for exhibitors and attendees, view the floor plan and organize your schedule on your mobile device. Download the app from the PEI website.
Don’t Forget to Preregister. Haven’t yet preregistered? There’s still time. Just click here.
Express Badge Pickup. Preregistered attendees can print badges and pick up their attendee packets at one of three express badge pickup stations:
● PEI Main Registration: Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC), Room N263
● Westgate Resort & Casino: Foyer, adjacent to FedEx
● PEI Sessions area: LVCC East concourse, near Room N109
Attendees registering on-site must do so at PEI Main Registration.
Give Back Through Operation Gratitude. This year, PEI is supporting Operation Gratitude, a non-profit that sends care packages and thank-you letters to soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and coast guardsmen deployed in harm’s way. Join with other PEI attendees to help assemble kits or write short thank-you notes noon to 4 p.m. Monday, Oct. 8 or noon to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9 in the PEI 1-on-1 Pavilion, LVCC N109-N110.
Enjoy the Industry Reception. Meet longtime friends and make new ones at the PEI Industry Reception Tuesday evening, Oct. 9, immediately after the trade show closes. Your badge is your ticket to complimentary libations, hors d'oeuvres, live music and fun.
by e-mail to the editor, Rick Long at email@example.com
or join the discussion in the Petroleum Equipment Forum
Network and Learn Through PEI 1-on-1. Gain extra insights from education session speakers and other experts through PEI 1-on-1. These small-group sessions will be held in the PEI 1-on-1 Pavilion:
Monday, Oct. 8
● Noon: New Member & First-Time Attendee Welcome. Learn how to get more out of your PEI membership and the PEI Convention at the NACS Show.
● 1 p.m.: Fueling Infrastructure & Isobutanol Compatibility. Researchers from Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory will discuss this emerging fuel, including recent equipment compatibility test results.
● 1 p.m.: PEI Journal: Ideas & Insights. Have an idea for a PEI Journal article? Want to learn how to write a press release the media won’t ignore? Visit with Editor-in-Chief Kristen Wright.
● 2 p.m.: Leading the Future Workforce. Are your managers as effective as you want them to be? Learn three points that will benefit every leader dealing with projects, deadlines, bosses and subordinates.
● 3 p.m.: Regulatory Q&A. Carolyn Hoskinson, director of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Office of Underground Storage Tanks (EPA OUST) and other EPA OUST representatives will answer your questions about the federal UST regulations.
Tuesday, Oct. 9
● Noon: Meet the Incoming PEI President. Share your questions and ideas with the 2019 PEI president. Interested in serving on a PEI committee? This is the time to voice your interest. Committee appointments for 2019 will be made Nov. 1.
● Noon: Finding & Keeping Talent. What innovative perks, benefits, technologies and best practices do smart business owners use to engage employees for the long run?
● Noon: UL Standards Updates. Engineers from Underwriters Laboratory (UL) will step through UL’s standards development processes and provide updates on key standards covering fueling system components.
● 1 p.m.: Future of Distribution Q&A. Connect with one of the distribution industry’s most influential thought leaders—Ian Heller, COO and president of Modern Distribution Management.
● 2 p.m.: PEI Women—Build Your Own Session! Participants will draw topics from a fishbowl and gather around to talk shop. PEI Women Committee members will facilitate. All women members are invited.
● 2 p.m.: Safety Lessons Learned. Join four safety experts who will share lessons learned throughout their careers in the industry.
REQUIRE ADDITIONAL EMERGENCY GENERATOR FUEL QUALITY TESTING?
In accordance with NFPA procedures, the TIA was submitted for a public comment period that ended Sept. 20. The committee will review the comments before taking a final action on the TIA.
BOOSTS ZEVS, REINFORCES TIGHT FUEL ECONOMY STANDARDS
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) voted Sept. 28 that automakers must comply with California’s strict passenger car and truck emissions standards to sell vehicles in the state. The CARB measure indicates California will fight the Trump administration’s effort to freeze fuel economy targets nationwide and revoke California’s power to set its own standards.
APPROVES E30 TEST IN NEBRASKA
SETS UST REGS WEBINARS
SETTLES SEC CLAIM
ADMITTED TO PEI
unsubscribe from this list.
PEI® and the PEI mark are registered trademarks
The TulsaLetter (ISSN 0193-9467) is published two or three times each month by the Petroleum Equipment Institute. Richard C. Long, Editor. Opinions expressed are the opinions of the Editor. Basic circulation confined to PEI members.