An updated 2017 edition is now available.
The PEI Overfill, Leak Detection and Release Prevention Equipment Testing Committee developed a new publication entitled Recommended Practices for the Testing and Verification of Spill, Overfill, Leak Detection and Secondary Containment Equipment at UST Facilities, PEI/RP1200.
PEI has produced RP1200 as an industry service. It has been prepared in response to requests from underground storage tank (UST) system operators, tank testers and regulators for a single authoritative source of information. The purpose of the document is to provide a concise summary of general guidelines for the inspection and testing of leak detection, release prevention and overfill prevention equipment at UST facilities.
These recommended practices apply to facilities that are equipped with USTs used for the storage of motor fuels, jet fuels, distillate fuel oils, residual fuel oils, lubricants, petroleum solvents and used oils.
The recommended practices apply to USTs; connected underground piping; and underground ancillary equipment and containment systems. The document is not intended to address the design, installation or day-to-day operation of UST systems.
Single-copy price is $50 for PEI members; $195 for nonmembers.
View the RP1200 Table of Contents
- C-1 Tank Secondary Containment Integrity Testing
- C-2 Piping Secondary Containment Integrity Testing
- C-3 Spill Bucket Integrity Testing
- C-4 Containment Sump Integrity Testing
- C-5 UST Overfill Equipment Inspection
- C-6 Overfill Alarm Operation Inspection
- C-7 Automatic Tank Gauge Operation Inspection
- C-8 Liquid Sensor Funtionality Testing
- C-9 MLLD and ELLD Performance Test
- C-10 Shear Valve Operation Inspection
- C-11 Emergency Stop Switch Operation Inspection