PEI members elected Ron Sledd Jr., co-president of Beneficial Systems, to serve as the association’s 2022 president.
The membership meeting was Oct. 7 during the organization's 71st annual convention and trade show in Chicago.
Sledd most recently served as PEI vice president. His one-year term will begin Jan. 1, when he will replace current PEI President Steve Dixon, president and CEO of Hoidale, based in Wichita, Kansas.
Sledd, of Jetersville, Virginia, served on the PEI Executive Committee and board of directors representing District 2. He served as chairman of the PEI Education & Convention Committee and is a member of the Commonwealth PEI 10-Group. Beneficial Systems is a petroleum equipment distributor based in Jetersville that began in 1986.
“Ron will work hard for PEI members, and I've enjoyed working with him over the years,” said Rick Long, executive vice president and general counsel of PEI. “Please join me in congratulating Ron on his presidency and John Keller and Jim Ether on their new positions.”
PEI members elected John Keller, Southwest regional sales vice president of JF Petroleum Group, vice president of the association. His term will begin Jan. 1.
The association’s board of directors also appointed as treasurer Jim Ether, general manager of R.M. Dalrymple Co. Inc., effective immediately.
Also during the meeting, Dixon installed seven recently elected members to the PEI board of directors.
- District 1: Brent Ruga, Spark Contractors
- District 3: John Force, Spatco Energy Solutions
- District 5: Sara Hitchcock Beck, Meco Inc. of Montgomery
- District 7: Craig Hoyer, Kubat Equipment & Service
- District 9: Chris Fasse, B&T Service Station Contractors
- District 11: Tony White, Southern Tank and Manufacturing
- District 13: Lisa Blassingame, NOV Fiber Glass Systems