PEI compiled a list of resources so members, fueling stakeholders and the public can prepare for and recover from disasters.
To report chemical spills or releases, call the National Response Center: 800-424-8802. Other critical resources include:
REAL-TIME UPDATES, NOTIFICATIONS
- Latest Weather Bulletin (National Hurricane Center)
- Latest Storm Surge Map (NOAA)
- The Weather Channel
- Energy Infrastructure With Real-Time Storm Information (Energy Information Administration)
- Input your zip code to track which gas stations have fuel and power, no power, limited fuel options, and no fuel and power.
- Waze App
- Real-time traffic, road information.
- Community-shared gas prices.
- FEMA App
- Get real-time alerts from the National Weather Service for up to five locations nationwide.
- Learn emergency safety tips for more than 20 disaster types, including hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, tornadoes.
- Locate open emergency shelters in your area and disaster recovery centers to talk to FEMA in person.
- Toggle between English and Spanish.
- Safe & Well App
- Register yourself as safe and well.
- Search for others who have registered themselves safe and well.
- FireChat App
- Free messaging.
- Communicate without internet, cellular coverage or data.
DISASTER PREPARATION, RESPONSE
- Emergency Planning Resources (NACS)
- What UST Owners Can Do After a Flood (NACS)
- State Waivers Related to Dorian (NACS)
- Oil and Natural Gas Industry Preparedness Handbook (American Petroleum Institute)
- Hurricane Preparedness and Response (OSHA)
- International Code Council Disaster Response Network (ICC)
- Hurricane Toolkit for Businesses (FEMA)
- How to Prepare for a Hurricane (FEMA)
- Underground Storage Tank Flood Guide (EPA)
- Post-Severe Weather Checklist (EPA)
- State Feedback: Emergency Response to Natural Disasters (EPA)
- Energy Waiver Library (DOE)
- Timeline to Prep for a Hurricane (Ready.gov)
- Playbook for an Effective All-Hazards Chemical Sector Response (Chemical Sector Coordinating Council and Department of Homeland Security)
- Training Guide to Ethanol Emergency Response (EthanolResponse.com)
- Disaster Assistance (DisasterAssistance.gov)
- American Red Cross
- 2019 PEI Directory
- PEI Recommended Practices
- RP500: Inspection and Maintenance of Motor Fuel Dispensing Equipment
- RP900: Inspection and Maintenance of UST Systems
- RP1200: Testing and Verification of Spill, Overfill, Leak Detection and Secondary Containment Equipment at UST Facilities
- RP1400: Design and Installation of Fueling Systems for Emergency Generators, Stationary Diesel Engines and Oil Burner Systems
- RP1700: Closure of Underground Storage Tank and Shop-Fabricated Aboveground Storage Tank Systems
Technical questions? Call or email Scott Boorse, director of technical programs and industry affairs, at 918-236-3975 or email@example.com.
Media inquiries? Call or email Kristen Wright, editor in chief, at 918-640-6781 or firstname.lastname@example.org.