PEI has compiled this list of resources so members can prepare for and recover from disasters.
To report chemical spills or releases, call the National Response Center: 800-424-8802. Other critical resources include:
Latest Weather Bulletin (National Hurricane Center)
Latest Storm Surge Map (NOAA)
- Get real-time alerts from the National Weather Service for up to five locations nationwide.
- Learn emergency safety tips for more than 20 disaster types, including hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, tornadoes.
- Locate open emergency shelters in your area and find disaster recovery centers where you can talk to FEMA in person.
- Toggle between English and Spanish.
- Register yourself as safe and well.
- Search for others who have registered themselves safe and well.
- Free messaging.
- Communicate without internet, cellular coverage or data.
Multi-State FMCSA Waivers (Sigma)
Energy Waiver Library (DOE)
- Real-time traffic, road information.
- Community-shared gas prices.
Energy Infrastructure with Real-Time Storm Information (Energy Information Administration)
Timeline to Prep for a Hurricane (Ready.gov)
Oil and Natural Gas Industry Preparedness Handbook (American Petroleum Institute)
Playbook for an Effective All-Hazards Chemical Sector Response (Chemical Sector Coordinating Council and Department of Homeland Security)
Disaster Assistance (DisasterAssistance.gov)
Training Guide to Ethanol Emergency Response (EthanolResponse.com)
PEI Recommended Practices
- RP500: Inspection and Maintenance of Motor Fuel Dispensing Equipment
- RP900: Inspection and Maintenance of UST Systems
- RP1200: Testing and Verification of Spill, Overfill, Leak Detection and Secondary Containment Equipment at UST Facilities
- RP1400: Design and Installation of Fueling Systems for Emergency Generators, Stationary Diesel Engines and Oil Burner Systems