Services to support charging electric vehicle (EV) fleets could be worth $15 billion in annual revenues and cost savings. Much of that activity would come from three activities, according to a McKinsey & Co. article by Rob Bland, Wenting Gao, Jesse Noffsinger and Giulia Siccardo:
- Procuring renewable power directly from the source.
- Offering energy management services.
- Providing ancillary grid services.
Four elements will need to be in place for companies to capture the opportunities in the EV fleet charging market, according to the authors:
- Hardware and software integration.
- Digital, analytics and connectivity.
- Large base of installed EV chargers.
- Access to price signals.