El Niño strikes again, and winter 2018-19 will reflect that.
Jillian MacMath of AccuWeather reports:
- El Niño will affect the Northeast, mid-Atlantic, Great Lakes and eastern Ohio Valley.
- Cold air and storms will blast the Southeast, Tennessee Valley and Gulf Coast.
- The western Ohio Valley, Midwest and central/northern Plains will see a mild start to the season.
- Snow and ice will hit the southern Plains.
- Heat and dryness will dominate the Southwest.
- Snow and rain could target the Northwest and Rockies.