PwC released its "Consumer Intelligence Series: Protect.Me." The series provides an in-depth look at what consumers want, what worries them and how companies can earn their trust — and their business.
Key findings include:
- For consumers, cyberattacks are personal.
- Consumer trust is fading.
- Who’s on the hook? Consumers say businesses more than government.
- The path to trust: Giving customers control and providing transparency.
- What types of businesses do consumers trust most?
- After a data breach, can companies earn back consumer trust?
- Consumers see some emerging technologies as a risk to their privacy.
- A call to action driven by customers’ concerns.