Petroleum Equipment Forum
Petroleum Equipment Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Users | Search | Help
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Business, Service & Construction
 Service & Technical
 MX850 compatible with Passport?
Bookmark and Share
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Si920

36 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  23:03:33  Show Profile
Hey guys, I tried doing a search and could not come across a clear answer. We are putting in an dual terminal passport, it was ordered with ingenico 6550 pin pads. After looking at another site (BP) that had 3 passports and MX850 pin pads I wanted to know which route would be better? Are they compatible with the passports (any issues?) or is that only recomend for BP sites because they do receive the MX850's free. We did get one at our site (BP running V900 ruby) and it looked nice, very simple for the consumer to use.

Kennyl

710 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  23:34:09  Show Profile
BP sites do not use Ingenico pin pads as the MX850's connect to the V900 and not the Passport
Go to Top of Page

Kperlow

USA
2927 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  07:07:25  Show Profile
Dont they plug into the fortigate on passport sites? I know they do on Nucleus.
Go to Top of Page

Si920

36 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  08:06:22  Show Profile
So can I/should I use it on my passport if I am branded something other than BP (Citgo)? Are the ingenico 6550 pci compliant as well?
Go to Top of Page

MadMike

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  08:44:03  Show Profile
Ingenico 6550's will be 100% PCI compliant with a Passport system when 8.02 upgrade is released and applied. Most other pinpads will not be compliant with Passport. There are some limited circumstances where an Everest pinpad may be re-used, but I don't know the exact scenario. MX850's are cool, and are PCI compliant with the V900 system that BP uses, but at this point they are are not, and will not soon be, PCI compliant with Passport.

Some days you get the beer and some days the beer gets you
Go to Top of Page

Si920

36 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  10:52:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MadMike

Ingenico 6550's will be 100% PCI compliant with a Passport system when 8.02 upgrade is released and applied. Most other pinpads will not be compliant with Passport. There are some limited circumstances where an Everest pinpad may be re-used, but I don't know the exact scenario. MX850's are cool, and are PCI compliant with the V900 system that BP uses, but at this point they are are not, and will not soon be, PCI compliant with Passport.

Is complaint with the passport at the very least? I would much rather have an MX850's with my passport then those ingenico's :-/
Go to Top of Page

POSDiddy

USA
760 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  08:14:26  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MadMike

MX850's are cool, and are PCI compliant with the V900 system that BP uses, but at this point they are are not, and will not soon be, PCI compliant with Passport.

Is this accurate? If the MX850 is communicating to the same V900 EPS when a Passport is used, then why wouldn't it be PCI compliant?
Go to Top of Page

BSantini

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  10:34:41  Show Profile
It is my understanding that the only pinpad compliant with the 8.02 version of the Passport is the i6550 and possibly the ingenico 3070. If anyone has information on being able to reuse the Everest with the older Passports (IBM's) I'd pay good money for that information :) Getting the runaround by so many people and so many different answer.

Thanks
Bridget
Go to Top of Page

MadMike

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  18:30:01  Show Profile
POSDiddy - I think I mis-stated what I meant. According to Gilbarco, the only pinpads that will be PCI compliant with a Passport are Ingenicos, and in limited circumstances, Everest pinpads. I believe, although I've never seen this in writing, that they mean the only pinpds that will be PCI compliant WHEN CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO THE PASSPORT. For a Passport at a BP site, MX pinpads are used, connected to the V900 system, and are 100% OK. Don't know if you can pick and choose pinpads other than the MX series for a BP site. I guess the way I read the first post led me to believe that Si920 had a non -BP site.

Some days you get the beer and some days the beer gets you
Go to Top of Page

Si920

36 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  21:42:23  Show Profile
yes, I do have a non-bp site and I also seen the passport/mx850 combo at a BP site. I believe my brand (citgo) does not support the mx850 or gilbarco does not? I could be wrong but so far two people told me the v900 acts as a bridge to properly use the passport and mx-850. I guess I will be stuck with the i6550 I am still hoping I can get an answer as to go ahead and hook up the MX and have it work properly. How does the i6550 look in person? I am not sure if I ever seen one or not :-/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bookmark and Share
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Petroleum Equipment Forum © 2014 Petroleum Equipment Institute Go To Top Of Page
Register Now! XML Feed Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Snitz Forums 2000