Petroleum Equipment Forum
Petroleum Equipment Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Users | Search | Help
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Business, Service & Construction
 Service & Technical
 Encore 700S USB Printers
Bookmark and Share
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TScott91

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2013 :  14:01:39  Show Profile
Anyone else have any 700s burning up printers. Have 2 sites that have been installed this year and consistently have to go back and replace them. Tried doing software upgrades and still having issues.

crscyn717

USA
435 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2013 :  14:52:04  Show Profile
Last i knew GVR TAC is having techs collect logs for hot printer issues., have you bothered to call them?
they might just have some information on what you are experiencing.

what type of software upgrade are you talking about?

Hibernation science has come a long way since Han Solo was frozen in carbonite
Go to Top of Page

TScott91

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2013 :  06:13:43  Show Profile
We have had many SR's go through for these yes and all have been warranty calls. Even had Gilbarco come out personally to look at the site. We did the software migration upgrade on the Crinds, was supposed to resolve some issues.
Go to Top of Page

MadMike

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2013 :  11:59:24  Show Profile
Have not had to replace printers but the E700's still occasionally have hot printer/sleepy printer. It's a warranty call/log collection/check USB voltages/check status LED's. Power cycle will usually resolve the immediate issue but GVR needs more data from the field to pin down a permanent solution.

Some days you get the beer and some days the beer gets you
Go to Top of Page

workinghard

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2013 :  09:11:51  Show Profile
You need to verify the software version you are running in your fcb boards. 2.0.16 or whatever is the latest release version fixed the printer issue as far as I can remember. You most likely have some of the older 700's and will have to perform a migration to version 2, then upgrade to 2.0.16. This is done with the Spot utility, and LMS has the self enroll course for the migration. The first software that we did migration to was 2.0.14 I think, and it did not have the fix for the hot printers, we were still getting those calls with that version.

Sure, I will do a side job for you.... the cost is 100,000 for the first trip, since I will lose my job, I will need the extra cash.
Go to Top of Page

b35653

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2013 :  20:15:48  Show Profile
any chance its always the b side printer?
Go to Top of Page

RobH

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2013 :  21:02:56  Show Profile
Ver 2.0.16 does not fix the problem. All of my sites have been upgraded but we still see locked up hot printers. Last time I talked to Chris, who knows which one, he said keep cycling power to clear and open a warranty call. As crscyn717 said above GB TAC is having us collect logs now. The problem does not seem to be limited to one side.
Go to Top of Page

TScott91

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2013 :  06:08:54  Show Profile
We did upgrade all our sites to 2.0.16 as well and the problem had continued like RobH has said. And also correct it is not limited to one side. Hoping Gilbarco is doing something word has it another version is going to be released
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bookmark and Share
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Petroleum Equipment Forum © 2014 Petroleum Equipment Institute Go To Top Of Page
Register Now! XML Feed Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Snitz Forums 2000