Petroleum Equipment Forum
Petroleum Equipment Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Users | Search | Help
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Safety
 Job-Site Safety
 stupid drivers
Bookmark and Share
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smellslikegas

USA
587 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  15:17:01  Show Profile
We have all had it happen, if you haven't it just means you have not been doing this long enough.

Working on an ovation with a valve problem. Work van pulled up on #10 side, 3 ft cone in front of #9. I was working on #10. Black Hummer came flying into the lot, pulled up to #9 running over my cone. I stood up just staring at the guy in disbelief. He got out of his hummer, looked to be in his 60's and looked at the caution tape that was around the dispenser and said "oh, I didn't notice this pump was out of order." I walked to the front of his vehicle, pulled the cone out from under it and said "I guess you didn't see the cone either". He actually laughed and said "I was looking at my phone". Now I was not that happy to start with but his laugh set me off so I replied "this isn't funny, what if I had been over there working or even worse what if a little kid had been walking there, you would have killed them". He actually laughed again so I told him "you should turn in your license because you are obviously not smart enough to drive". I walked away shaking my head, I figured if he laughed again I was liable to hit him.

I can't fix stupid, But I can sure charge for it.

andrrewdamien

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  13:57:50  Show Profile  Visit andrrewdamien's Homepage
While driving vehicles there are lots of things we need to care about. Accidents are not just caused by our mistakes, Sometimes it happens by some careless drivers who are really driving blindly and don't care about others. So we can't prevent them but we can avoid them buy taking proper precautions.

[url=http://www.supplylinedirect.com/traffic-control/]parking blocks[/url]
Go to Top of Page

fatboy

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  18:57:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by smellslikegas

We have all had it happen, if you haven't it just means you have not been doing this long enough.

Working on an ovation with a valve problem. Work van pulled up on #10 side, 3 ft cone in front of #9. I was working on #10. Black Hummer came flying into the lot, pulled up to #9 running over my cone. I stood up just staring at the guy in disbelief. He got out of his hummer, looked to be in his 60's and looked at the caution tape that was around the dispenser and said "oh, I didn't notice this pump was out of order." I walked to the front of his vehicle, pulled the cone out from under it and said "I guess you didn't see the cone either". He actually laughed and said "I was looking at my phone". Now I was not that happy to start with but his laugh set me off so I replied "this isn't funny, what if I had been over there working or even worse what if a little kid had been walking there, you would have killed them". He actually laughed again so I told him "you should turn in your license because you are obviously not smart enough to drive". I walked away shaking my head, I figured if he laughed again I was liable to hit him.

........sounds like to me, he was gunning for ya and missed................

.......... Jumpin' Jack Flash, It's a Gas! Gas! Gas! ------The Rolling Stones
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bookmark and Share
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Petroleum Equipment Forum © 2014 Petroleum Equipment Institute Go To Top Of Page
Register Now! XML Feed Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Snitz Forums 2000