Petroleum Equipment Forum
Petroleum Equipment Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Users | Search | Help
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Business, Service & Construction
 Service & Technical
 Verifone Ruby User's Manual
Bookmark and Share
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

edward2

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  10:41:48  Show Profile
I own a convenience store/gas station which has 2 Verifone Ruby Super System cash registers, and would like to get a User's Manual for them. Does anyone know where I can get one?

We currently do not have scanners, but we are looking at adding some in the near future. I want to find out how to add/modify/delete PLU's, add/modify/delete Menu's, etc. I did some investigating and figured out how to add PLU's, but I do not know how to modify or delete them. Also, I cannot access the Menu editing function. It says that I do not have access to that feature. What do I need to do to gain access to that feature?

Thanks,

sses

52 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  12:13:46  Show Profile
Contact your local Verifone Authorized Service Contractor, they will be able to get you the Managers, Sales and Reports manuals for your particular application. Also have them come out and do a manager training session, which will teach how to program and use all the features the Ruby has. If you have trouble getting those manuals e-mail me at sseshop@aol.com and I can send them in PDF format.

To add a PLU: Goto MANAGER>PLU FILE and enter into it, scan item or key in PLU and press 'ENTER', press 'ENTER' again and set the description and all attributes for that item i.e. Product Code, Department it belongs to, Price, Tax, etc.. If item is already in the system you will get a "Record Exists" message, you need to edit it.

To edit a PLU: Goto MANAGER>PLU FILE and enter into it, scan item or key in PLU and press 'SELECT', press 'ENTER' and change the desired attribute i.e. Price. If you get a "Bad Record Number" message that means the item doesn't exist in the system and you need to add it.

If you cannot access the Menu File, you are probably getting an "Access Denied" message which means the security level for your cashier number is not high enough to enter that file. The security level for the manager or owner should be 7. Your local VASC can also help you set that up.
Go to Top of Page

otis

1267 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  01:00:58  Show Profile
If I may add this, you can save a lot of money by subscribing to the Ruby Help Desk. It cost about the price of a Tech visit but lasts for 1 year instead of several hours. Be prepared to wait on the phone and listen to bad music while in the Help Desk Que.
Go to Top of Page

edward2

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  09:59:52  Show Profile
sses, I may take you up on emailing me the manuals in PDF format. That way I would have them in electronic format and could print only the pages that I need.

otis, what sort of questions and/or information can you get from the Ruby Help Desk? Will they provide the answers to the questions that I have listed above? Can the tell me how to gain access to the Menu File (meaning setup an Owner login with security level 7)?

Thanks to both of you,
Go to Top of Page

sses

52 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  21:06:20  Show Profile
Like Otis says, you should purchase helpdesk support. Not only can they help you in programming, but if and when the ruby crashes they can dial in and fix it immediately. Usually with out having to dispatch a tech out.
Go to Top of Page

mgs

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  21:42:29  Show Profile  Visit mgs's Homepage
Another reasson why you should buy "PSP" (Priority Service Program) is: if you call a Tech to troubbleshoot a difficult problem, and that tech needs help from the "VASC help desk", they will be very reluctant to provide the Tech with the help he needs, costing you, the customer, more money.
Like Otis said, it is money very well invested; and like Sses said, they can help you with pretty much anything.
Go to Top of Page

edward2

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  09:16:12  Show Profile
Thanks for the info everyone. I am definitely going to call and get a quote for the PSP program, but I'm not sure whether I want to spend the money right now or not. I currently get FREE Ruby service through Chevron. Well, it's not actually FREE, because I do pay a monthly surcharge to Chevron for leasing the cash registers, which includes service and maintenance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bookmark and Share
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Petroleum Equipment Forum © 2014 Petroleum Equipment Institute Go To Top Of Page
Register Now! XML Feed Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Snitz Forums 2000