- PEI Directory
- PEI Journal
- Recommended Practices & Exams
- Service Technician Recruitment
- Compliance & Funding
- Safety Resources
- Petroleum Equipment Forum
- Industry Links
- Member Discount Programs
- Members Only Downloads
- Business Bullet
- PEI Business Advisory Group
- UST Installer Training
- WIKI PEI
- News from PEI
- Stop Static Campaign
The Petroleum Equipment Institute is a trade association whose members manufacture, distribute and service petroleum marketing and liquid handling equipment.
Founded in 1951, PEI represents more than 1,600 member companies located in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. Members include manufacturers, sellers and installers of equipment used in service stations, terminals, bulk plants, fuel, oil and gasoline delivery, and similar petroleum marketing operations.
PEI is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and is a not-for-profit corporation. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST.
It is PEI's mission to be the leading authority and source of information for the fuel and fluid handling equipment industries. PEI is committed to promoting the value of distributor services and improving the business relationships and practices of its members.
The objectives and purposes of the Institute shall be to:
- Educate members on matters affecting the industry.
- Develop programs that assist member companies in competing and operating more effectively and profitably.
- Foster the relationship between manufacturer, distributor and end-user.
- Promote the value of distributor services.
- Provide a forum for communication between all segments of the industry.
- Hold meetings, conferences and/or trade shows to broaden the management skills of owner/managers and employees.
- Collect and publish statistics, technical data and industry news to further the technical knowledge and improve the efficiency of member businesses.
- Cooperate with other industries and organizations in matters of either direct or indirect concern to PEI members.